9 mai 2011

Sun day

Each time I post, I have to choose in which language. I deeply dislike (hate) that choice. I hope my family in France will forgive me writing in English. It requires effort on their part to read our blog, but I know they're smart :)
Today was Sunday, Mother's day, and a sunny day. Noa was happy and awake when I opened my eyes this morning. He likes humming to himself when he's in a good mood. So I knew.
I knew he had done it again, and I didn't need to worry about breakfast for him. For the past days, he gets up when the rooster crows, finds a chair, climbs, reaches the cupboard, finds delicious Pepperidge Farm's cookies (Teanu's buy), and enjoys a quiet breakfast. When milk is later poured on his cereal bowl, he can't eat, because he feels unwell, you see. And I get to swallow his mushy cereal. Yum.
Noa fights every Sunday:
"I'm staying home today"
" I don't believe in God so I stay home to play" (Can you believe this one?)
"Church is too long"
" The primary children are not my friends"
" I know everything already"
I usually brace him and carry him to his bedroom where we'll get dressed. This isn't democracy. Our home isn't a republic where children get to veto legislation.  Noa is such a fun protester though.  Flying horizontal to my side as I was carrying him, he screamed:
"It's the same thing every Sunday!"
Hey, he took my line! Now, what do I say?

We all got in the car and went to church a little late, as usual. Teanu worked overnight and was sleeping at home, as usual :) All the ladies got chocolate for Mother's day! The meetings were uplifting. I really enjoy the Relief Society hour. Our ward is full of good women and I constantly have to repent of having been judgmental.
As we drove back home, we saw all the trees blooming and pink flowers were snowing from the sky. I will miss the vegetation of the East Coast when we leave. Beautiful. Abundant. Diverse. A joy for the eyes.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire