After the outburst of negativity expressed in the last post, something more positive has to be written. I just have to say: don't write late at night after a day full of frustrating events. Just go to sleep and let the night rest your mind.
I woke up this morning with all the boys in our bed as usual, but for some reason they were more manageable and we even read their illustrated scriptures stories. We finished the Old Testament and started the New one which begins with an account of the premortal life. Young children find it absolutely clear. Teva seems to always know the principles and the lines of the plan of salvation before I explain them. He is just concerned about Jesus' double heritage and asked again: "Why does Jesus have two fathers: Joseph and our Heavenly father?" to which I replied that we too have our a mortal and a celestial father, which is true but not the answer to his question. He also asked by which power was Jesus resurrected. After our reading was done, Teva turned to Leo and explained to him with much love: "See Leo. you were with Heavenly Father in the sky before and you chose to come here. First I came, then Noa, then you, and we're brothers". Teva is capable of such spirituality and kindness. He has an amazing understanding of the gospel and of the relationships of the past and of the future. He keeps talking of having children of his own someday.
The day continued with the usual crisis of breakfast time. The boys seem to be around me constantly and were again around me during my wash the face/ enhance with make-up rush. They ask the same questions every time: why-do-you-put-this-what-is-called-is-it-for-GIRLS???!!- ah-ah-ah-this-is-ugly. So I say that I need to cover some spots and make myself pretty for my husband, and see:"Am i not a pretty lady now?". This time, Teva, sitting on the toilet, bluntly states: "NO, you're not a pretty lady". Looking back at my overtired face in the mirror, I laughed at myself.
Teanu later came back from his 30-hour shift. It was his last day of a long rotation full of those shifts. And it was the last one FOREVER! He will never have to do those again in his specialty unless he chooses it. What a relief. Those rotation have been so hard and seriously weakened our relationship during the first two years of this residency.
He leaves for Liberia, west coast of Africa in two days. A six weeks trip in a Monrovia ER room. Less laundry, less meals to prepare, less mess, and less make-up for me! Freedom at last :)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire