We live in a nice area, meaning lots of whites and asians, north east of the city versus the "not so good" areas south of the city and close to the mexican border. This is not a racist statement, just a socio-economic reality. Everyone around here is a mix of different races and we hear lots of different languages and first and last names of all sorts.
The cost of life is, of course, unreasonable and I'm lucky my husband provides. I suspect a lot of poverty and difficult lives in other canyons.
Wherever there is irrigation, you'll see trees and flowers, but beyond our backyard, it is bushes and rocks. The community landscapes, parks, and private yards are all tended by hispanic gardeners who work hard in the heat and are to be thanked for the beauty and the cleanliness of the San Diego area.
Sometimes it doesn't make sense to me to have so many people live the lifestyle of a humid climate in a desert. Of course, it is pleasant. Anyway.
So, unnecessary big houses, small yards with pools. People want to come here for the climate, and then stay inside all day and have to work insane hours to afford to live here. Go figure.
Nice stretches of sandy beaches with tanned legs all over. Friendly people and lots of strong christian families. I'll tell you more when I know more.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire