Leo is a loud baby because we are a loud bunch. He screams to tell me he wants food or wants to be carried. He is doing very well at night and sometimes sleeps non-stop. My most stressful job with him is to keep him safe. His brothers are constantly after his life, poking their fingers into his mouth to make him gag, in his nose, ears, hitting him, pinching him, dragging him. Their behavior is saddening to me. I'm always afraid for my baby and mad at them, but I have to stay composed to not let those toddlers win a reaction. But I lose it. The lioness in me wants to fight the older male cubs to protect my new one. If only a furious paw or a powerful roar would keep them away....
Winter has been long with snow still covering the ground. We've had ice coating the snow and more snow and rain and ice. Those layers will probably melt by Summer.
But the birds started singing! They start in february making everyone more impatient and luring us into a false Spring start. This morning, Noa was having a time out in his bedroom and I was happening to pass by in the hallway. We could hear a bird singing outside. I saw Noa jump out of his bed and shout: "Cardinal! I hear a cardinal!!". He rushed to the window and spotted a male cardinal on the branches of our tree. Bright red and bright singing. Noa had identified the bird by its song before seeing it! I was impressed and surprised that studying birds together with my kids actually has results. I love those moments when my kids show brilliance. I feel it is an essential skill to be attentive to nature's sounds and patterns. I'm grateful to have children with whom I can share appreciation for the Creation.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire